CREATIVE WRITING / CONTENT CREATOR / GRAPHIC DESIGN
Do you think outside the box? Do you have nerve, courage and enjoy writing, designing or mingling with A-listers? Want to build a creative writing portfolio of articles / designs published with one of SEQ’s favorite lifestyle media? We are looking for contributors in all areas of the lifestyle covering topics such as food, fashion, music, design, arts, culture, theater, film, technology, travel, health, fitness, beauty, inspiration, practical advice, reviews, interviews and pop. -culture. A sense of humor is required, and you need to be motivated, fun, and hardworking. The future is bright, make sure you have good shades!
The Good Guide (@thegoodguide) by Stardust Media (@ stardust.media.agency) has offices in Brisbane (HQ), Gold Coast and soon in the United States. We are growing… will you be the next to join our team?
The Good Guide is South East Qld’s favorite lifestyle medium and is more ‘hip’ than the internet and as essential as living! If you live under a rock, check out thegoodguide.com.au. It’s your new BFF with a LOT of benefits. ??
Stardust Media is a digital agency providing our clients with innovative, fresh and engaging digital media solutions through:
- Social media
- Website creation
- Main generator
- Sales funnels
- FB + Insta + Google Ads
- Copy + Content Creation
- Video production
- Graphic design
- Event management
- Digital influencers
- Chat bots
- Marketing in augmented reality
- SEO & Optimization
- Search marketing
We have a fantastic opportunity to THREE Talented, passionate and experienced writers / designers to join the herd (our team!)
- Role 1 – Brisbane Creative Content Curator / Lifestyle Features Writer (covering: lifestyle, food, fashion, entertainment, cinema, art, music, events, trends, digital marketing and more)
- Role 2 – Gold Coast (NNSW) Creative Content Curator / Lifestyle Features Writer (covering: lifestyle, food, fashion, entertainment, cinema, art, music, events, trends, digital marketing and more)
- Role 3 – Graphic designer / Video content (Photo and video shooting assistant, creative designs, fun wallpapers, innovative artwork, website design, personalized posting, online and print ad curation). Will be given a lot of creative freedom.
You will work directly with the Editor / Art Director to create interesting and engaging written content aimed at a lifestyle audience that respects design, innovation, eccentricity and style.
RLE AND FUNCTIONS (MORE DETAILS)
- Content creation: visual (graphic)
- Content production: on many channels and media – visual, video, images,
- Copywriting: blogging, content captions for social media posts, press releases
- Editing provided images and creating graphics / layouts
We are looking for enthusiastic and creative people who want to get into social media and digital marketing.
We’re laid back but professional, love what we do and don’t take life too seriously BUT we have a hell of a time doing it! This sees us attending regular events, Friday afternoon drinks and our office space is pretty rad too!
You will receive excellent one-on-one mentoring throughout the experience and learn a new bag of marketing tips to add to your growing artillery. The position is unpaid and would be suitable for a marketing, journalism, communications, public relations or creative student.
Your ability to research a variety of sources online and use your creativity to build relationships with influential bloggers, social media stars, and publishers will be critical to this role.
Some of the weapons you will practice:
– Awareness campaigns for influencers
– Email engagement and relationship building strategies
– Campaign management on social networks
– Community management on social networks
The right candidate will be able to allocate 8 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
KNOWLEDGE OF THE SOFTWARE / PROGRAM:
Desirable but not required:
- Planning platforms
- Mail Chimpanzee
- Intermediate – Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Some exposure to the Adobe Creative Suite will be useful but not essential (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Understanding of the principles of communication via social media and exposure to social collaboration in business
ADVANTAGES OF THE INTERNSHIP:
- Flexible hours, but meeting a certain deadline is vital.
- Work from home or one day at headquarters (or from wherever you want!).
- You will be credited. Your name will appear in an author biography (dedicated personal biography with image, fun spiel about you, links to credit you on any published article / interview). We want to help you build a portfolio of published work. Your work could be seen by over 1.49 million of our cross-platform subscribers (and growing).
- Successful candidates will be trained in content creation, image search, uploading, writing, editing, SEO optimization, geolocation, social media campaign management , influencer awareness campaigns, chatbots, augmented reality marketing, email engagement and more.
- When we hire, YOU will be considered when we first review our interns / contributors (as long as you are consistent, follow brand / tone guidelines and deadlines). We are looking to hire again soon …
- Obtain an internship certificate / written reference after 15 published articles. We have hired amazing interns and helped former interns get AMAZING roles around the world, based on their portfolio with us.
- You have the option to attend exclusive events, mellow nights, movie premieres, fun premieres, bar openings, art launches, festivals, cool concerts and much more. If that’s okay with you, you might have the chance to interview famous artists / musicians / actors / directors etc.
- We have a Writers Camp for Camp Writing and organize your experience around your nominated interests to help you achieve your goals.
- Reference letter at the end. The internship may be accredited to the relevant requirements of the graduate degree
This is an unpaid position / internship lasting three months (flexible schedule depending on the successful candidate). You will receive a written reference at the end!
- You will have a real and demonstrable interest in lifestyle, culture, food, etc. as noted above and will be familiar with writing for an online audience.
- Candidates with writing / design experience preferred
- You will receive regular movie tickets and other fun and awesome stuff. We also regularly organize team parties (= too much FUN!)
- You will be working from home and you will need a computer and an Internet connection. You can also go to the New Farm Headquarters, Brisbane where TGG has all the necessary equipment / tools / software, we have a kitchen with food / drink available and we make sure that no internship-related expenses are incurred. is to pay.
- You will need to work effectively, be a good communicator and have flair
- You will need to be motivated and have a lot of creative freedom (with brand guidelines)
- We are ideally looking for a minimum of 2 content per week from each editor and 2 designs per week (max 5). Flexibility is available to the right people. Can do it day or night as long as deadlines are met.
This is a great opportunity for those who want to develop their skills while exercising their creativity.
You will get a behind-the-scenes look at digital publishing and add great value to your CV / portfolio. All articles written by you will be credited with your name. We want to see you grow and succeed. If you have any questions, we will answer them to help you develop your skills and knowledge as much as possible.
- Please send an email or cover letter explaining your strengths
- Let us know which role you are perfect for
- Submit at least one example of your written work / design
- The CV is optional. We can help you even if you have no experience but have the flair and the desire to write / create.
We look forward to hearing from YOU YOU! Let’s make a little magic happen, we want you to shine like the brilliant crazy diamond that you are!