Seefar is a social enterprise whose mission is to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialize in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise lies in the areas of strategic communication, consulting, consulting, monitoring and evaluation and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us.
Seefar is currently implementing a project to help migrant workers returning to the Philippines reintegrate into the labor market, improve their skills and build psychological resilience. To do this, we will develop a mobile and web application that will support a learning management system (LMS) to provide beneficiaries with courses and learning modules. The planned launch date of the 1st version is next January.
The content creator will help us develop the learning materials that we will use on the app. As the course content will emphasize both psychological counseling and vocational training material, you will ideally have basic knowledge in both areas. Previous experience developing written content in English in a professional context is essential.
We will provide you with written materials from previous psychosocial and vocational training programs Seefar has conducted which you will need to adapt to the context of the Philippines and our beneficiary group. On some occasions, you may also be asked to create course content from scratch. You will also apply basic education and psychology knowledge to improve content for our beneficiary audiences and ensure content will be compatible with the LMS on the app once it launches.
These materials will include text, quizzes, images, videos and survey content, but you will not be required to produce graphics of any kind, only written content.
The role will be deliverable-based and material development will take place throughout the following months. You can be based anywhere in the world to complete the deliverables. They will be finalized by November 2022.
We will ask the content creator to adapt previous materials for a new beneficiary audience and turn them into text-based exercises, quizzes, and polls that users can access on the app’s LMS once it launches. You will also need to work with a graphic designer who will help you produce images and videos to complement the written content of the course.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least three years of experience in content creation and writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge or experience of issues related to education and psychology
- Ability to create text exercises, quizzes and surveys for app users in written format which will then be transferred to our LMS
The following aspects are desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of current social content in the Philippines
- Experience working with migrants and/or returnees
- A flair for technology, social media and creating content for technology and educational purposes
Deliver: Creating Project and Application Content
About 90% of your time and attention:
- Understand the beneficiaries of our projects, their needs and how these can be met through online courses
- Adapt learning and written content from previous Seefar projects into course content for our user base
- Develop new content as needed to complement existing content for courses
Develop: capacities and program portfolio
About 10% of your time and attention:
- Reporting to the project coordinator and coordination with the project team
- Cooperation and coordination with the graphic designer who will support you to produce audio-visual content such as videos, infographics and images to complement your written course content OR to turn your content ideas into visual products.
How to register
On or before August 16, complete our online application form. Before starting, you must prepare the following 2 points:
- Your most up-to-date CV
- Your most up-to-date portfolio and daily rate.