Position: Graphic designer (R-AD2107)
Start date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found. Full time – 40 hours per week.
Site: Cologne, Germany
Deadline: December 13, 2021
New Climate Institute
NewClimate Institute supports research and implementation of actions against climate change around the world. We are a dynamic and diverse team of researchers and policy advisers with a long history of supporting international climate negotiations and associated national and international processes. Through our policy-oriented research and capacity building, we help international organizations, national governments, NGOs and other actors find and implement solutions to the global challenge of climate change. NewClimate’s key motivating values are to seek impact, while appreciating our work and a positive team spirit based on openness, trust and inclusion.
NewClimate is looking for a professional to strengthen the communications team, with an emphasis on graphic and visual design, to improve the impact of NewClimate’s releases and to make our work even more accessible to a wider audience.
- Translation of complex information from our productions into attractive and understandable visual material, such as numbers, infographics and illustrations
- Layout of reports and other output (for example, presentation slides)
- Creation and layout of communication media (e.g. newsletter, social media content)
- Visualization of data in reports and online platforms
- Support social media activities, maintenance of our websites and other day-to-day work of the communications team
- Maintenance of document templates for internal use (in Microsoft Office applications)
You must be very motivated and passionate about action on climate change, decarbonization policies and sustainable development, and enthusiastic about communicating these topics to our audience.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Motivated to work in a small evolving institute and to be part of an international multidisciplinary team
- Anxious to work in an international atmosphere
- Autonomous, independent and eager to learn
- Interested in a dynamic and impact-oriented teamwork atmosphere
The requirements are:
- Combination of visual design and climate change / energy / sustainable development:
- Diploma in graphic design or similar with proven professional experience in the field of climate change, energy or sustainable development; Where
- A university degree in climate science, energy science or related fields with proven professional experience in graphic design.
- Ability to visualize complex contexts and data
- Great attention to detail
- Full command of English (written and spoken)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe software (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and data visualization tools (e.g. Plotly, Tableau)
- Knowledge of social media management tools, Mailchimp, and website content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Wagtail or Drupal) is an advantage.
- Video editing skills are an asset
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your CV along with a short cover letter, transcripts and examples of past work, at [email protected] Please include the reference number “R-AD2107” in the subject line of the email and make sure to send all relevant information and files in a single pdf document with a maximum size of 10MB. Compensation will depend on the candidate’s experience level.