EVANSTON, Ill. — Just 15 minutes before the whistleblower, Indiana media relations officials announced that five Hoosiers, including starting guards Parker Stewart and Xavier Johnson, had been suspended for Tuesday night’s game against Northwestern. .
Second-year guard Khristian Lander, first-year guard Tamar Bates and senior center Michael Durr were also suspended.
- UPDATE: Here’s the game’s story, including post-game quotes from Mike Woodson and Trey Galloway. CLICK HERE
Indiana was now without its three point guards. Senior Rob Phinisee has been out for two weeks with a foot injury. Johnson started all 22 games on point. Stewart started all but one game.
Sophomore guard Trey Galloway, who played point guard in high school, started. Sophomore Anthony Leal, his longtime AAU teammate, started at the other guard post.
Indiana is 16-6 and is trying to qualify for the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2016.
Indiana Basketball Related Stories
- LIVE BLOG: Follow Tuesday night’s Indiana-Northwestern game live and in real time. CLICK HERE
- TOM BREW COLUMN: In the final 13 minutes of Indiana’s loss to Illinois on Saturday, the Hoosiers scored just 11 points and scored just two baskets in their set offense, going 2-for-15 from the field. It was a recipe for disaster, and we’ve seen it before. CLICK HERE
- INDIANA VS. ILLINOIS PHOTO GALLERY: Check out more than 15 photos from Indiana’s game against Illinois at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. The Hoosiers won the first half but fell apart in the second and were beaten 74-57 by Fighting Illini. CLICK HERE
- WHAT WOODSON SAID: Here’s what Indiana coach Mike Woodson said after the Hoosiers’ loss to Illinois. CLICK HERE
- WHAT THOMPSON SAID: Here’s what Indiana Race forward Thompson said after Saturday’s game. We have the video and the transcript. CLICK HERE