|Advantages:||Contribution of the Découverte Santé group|
|Site:||Cape Town, Salt River|
|Level of education:||Diploma|
|The employment level:||Middle / Senior|
|Personal transportation required:||Yes|
|Society:||Zip Zap Circus|
Zip Zap Circus is seeking to appoint a Marketing Manager based at Zip Zap Academy in Salt River, Cape Town.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Development and planning of the annual marketing and communication, public relations, social media and digital strategy
- Implementation of the marketing and communication strategy
- Planning and management of the shared communications calendar
- Content writing and SEO copywriting for the web
- Oversee social media content, daily and weekly schedules
- Write articles / blogs and generate a copy of the brochure
- Writing, proofreading and editing of all media
- Management and supervision of the creation, copying and printing of the annual report
- Creation of the content of the AGM presentation and communication supports
- Generate templates for Zip Zap presentations to ensure brand consistency
- Development and maintenance of the Zip Zap brand through the ‘Style Guide’
- Zip Zap / Corporate Identity (CI) brand quality control
- Reputation management – includes content quality management
- Maintenance and update of Zip Zap sites (South Africa and USA)
- Coherent communication and liaison with Zip Zap satellite offices in the United States and France to conduct international campaigns and exhibition opportunities
- Develop marketing materials and fundraising tools for the United States and France
- Scriptwriting and writing of all Zip Zap videos (show promotions, programs, beneficiary stories, documentaries)
Shows and events
- Take show briefs and interpret design requirements
- Develop marketing materials to align with the concept of the show on time
- Develop and implement the show’s marketing and communication plan
- Secure the pro bono media space and generate publicity, interviews to boost ticket sales
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implement marketing plan adjustments as needed.
Fundraising and Marketing Media and Public Relations
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to achieve agreed business, public relations and fundraising goals.
- Conceptualize fundraising campaigns and generate fundraising tools like videos, thank you letters, and new ways to engage donors.
- Represent the brand on all types of media as an official spokesperson
- Graphic design and management and campaign management
- Writing of proposals and pitches with potential sponsors
- Develop and send all press releases for Zip Zap (on average 1 to 2 per month)
- Marketing support of all Zip Zap fundraisers and special events
- Secure and oversee the management of cause-related marketing campaigns
- Public relations, advertising and media management
- Media liaison and interview scheduling
- Find ongoing opportunities to promote Zip Zap through integrated media platforms
- News clip monitoring, media reporting and value capture
- Public Relations, Advertising and Media Management – creating and maintaining a harmonious, efficient and service-oriented relationship with Zip Zap’s networks and media partners – and / or their representatives.
- Develop and maintain industry-relevant relationships with the media
- CRM system (Salesforce): enter contacts and use them effectively
- Work closely with the Events Manager to serve existing clients, seek new clients, generate revenue, and seek new opportunities and partnerships.
- Design and sale of Zip Zap merchandise
- Supervision of the online store project
- Brand awareness and education: brand creation and alignment
- Development of international brand awareness – pre-MOYA tour (USA, Europe)
- Promotion of calendar days to take advantage of special programs / sub-brands such as Legacy program, I Can Fly book
- Development of marketing materials for the USA and France
- Management of the Brand Champion program, Marketing partnerships linked to the cause
Management of the social media coordinator (digital) and graphic designer (2 people)
- Chronology / time management
- Division of labor
- Management of all in-house design workflows and outputs
- Marketing budget management
- Organize a bi-monthly marketing meeting with the team
- Hold a 1: 1 meeting with each team member monthly
- Staff management and development and performance monitoring
- Definition and agreement on KPIs for quarterly and annual measurements
- Train and manage staff performance including results, service standards and be prepared to take adequate action to correct unsatisfactory performance.
- Overall planning and structuring of the department with the development of political procedures for governance purposes.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports for monthly CEO and EXCO meetings.
- Attend EXCO and operations meetings – and ad hoc meetings where marketing input is required
This is a full-time position with 8-10 years of integrated marketing / communications related work experience required, preferably in the non-profit sector.
Terms & Conditions
- Integrated digital marketing and communication skills
- Innovative and strategic thinking
- Vision & versatility
- Tenacity & energy
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Focus on values
- Solution oriented
- Creative content generation
- Clever writing
- Editing and proofreading
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal writing skills
- Development and implementation of creative campaigns
- Implementation, monitoring and reporting skills
- Event management
- Strong organization, planning and execution
- Media liaison and relationship building skills
Zip Zap Circus was founded in Cape Town in 1992, to use the circus arts to bridge socio-economic gaps and empower young people for life. Working with a diverse community of children from all walks of life, Zip Zap helps children “dare to dream” and learn to make those dreams come true using the circus arts as a medium. Zip Zap’s programs are all free to participants, with financial and material support from individuals, businesses, institutions, governments and agencies, trusts and foundations.
Posted on Aug 25, 4:00 PM