Closing date for applications 04/01/2022
Salary Research assistant: £ 28,756 – £ 33,309 per year Researcher: £ 34,304 – £ 35,326 per year
Job Category / Type Research
The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast is looking for a highly motivated researcher or experienced research assistant to undertake research on advanced graphics processing unit solutions ( GPUs) efficient for advanced manufacturing. environments.
The position is part of the UKRI funded Real-time Process Modeling and Diagnostics: Powering Digital Factories (RAPID) project with the University of Edinburgh, Seagate, Glaxo Smith Kline and NVIDIA Research. It aims to develop a new GPU-based digital modeling and analysis framework for real-time and in-situ processing of manufacturing data. The work will focus on new transprecision computing approaches for algorithm randomization research and will focus on practical realization.
It offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to join a world-class GPU-based research activity centered around the Northern Ireland High Performance Computing Center and the large investment Belfast Regional City Deal which will create a GPU facility advanced.
The successful candidate must have and your CV / cover letter must clearly demonstrate that you have:
- Diploma or higher qualification in computer science, electrical / electronic engineering, physics or related field.
- At least 1 year of relevant research experience, including:
- Undertake research in computer hardware acceleration, GPU programming or data analysis.
- You normally have or are about to earn a PhD in computer hardware, programming, and data analysis.
- At least 3 years of relevant research experience, including:
- Undertake research on computer acceleration approaches, GPU programming techniques, innovative data analysis for manufacturing.
- Proven experience in performing analyzes, critical evaluations and interpretations of experimental data relevant to the research project.
- Work effectively within a research team in the development and promotion of the research theme.
Solid publication record commensurate with career stage.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive.
Fixed-term contract positions are available for the period indicated initially, but in special circumstances they may be renewed or made permanent subject to the availability of funds.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equal opportunity for all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing various networks of staff such as iRise and PRISM who help us advance equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter brands such as Stonewall Equality at Work Index and Mark NI Diversity Charter in addition to the Athena SWAN Award. For more information on our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgme and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/